What!?!! Cami's BLOGGING!
I admit, I almost forgot how to sign on to this thing. I've been a disappointment to the blogging world, and by that I mean my little sister, who seems to be the only one aware that it's been almost a year since my last post.
The reason for my lack of blogging recently is two-fold:
1) I wanted to change my blog address to something that didn't include my last name before I started writing anything whatsoever about work. I've started to do that many times now. And never finished. So no juicy details or stories. 'Cause I don't want to get fired. Sorry.
2) I don't know how to write about our schedules over the past several months without sounding like a whiner. It's impossible to match our schedules up at all. There have been a few days here and there that we've both had off, but not many. And no one wants to read about crappy schedules, right?
You know how when you have a kid you're automatically in this cool mom club? Where all of a sudden you can talk about things that you're only allowed to talk about if you're in the club? (I actually don't know how that is, but I've heard it happens.)
Anyway, that's kind of how being on the night shift is. All of a sudden, you can commiserate with anyone else that's ever worked nights.
- "I had to work the night shift several years ago, it was the lowest of my life lows."
- "My body went berserk, I gained 50 pounds in the first 6 months."
- "I didn't sleep for 2 years straight."
- "No one understands... DAY SLEEP IS DIFFERENT THAN NIGHT SLEEP!"
- "I never know when to eat, when to sleep, I'm always hot, then cold, my brain never works,"
- etc. etc. etc.
See? A cool, exclusive club, with our own set of problems that only we understand
Jealous? No, didn't think so. :-)